Sometimes you just have a good craving for some Orange Chicken!! I decided to try to make an alternative with a few, simple ingredients. These include a light layer of breading to give it a little bit of texture.
Addie Roberts | October 22nd, 2018
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10-20 minutes
- Total time: 25-35 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Large Chicken Breast (~1 pound)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Zest of one whole orange
- Juice of 1/2 of the orange (~ 3 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp chili paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or olie oil
- ~1/2 cup of flour or bread crumbs for breading
- Dice chicken breast into small cubes
- Mix together the honey, zest of the orange, orange juice, chili paste, salt, and garlic powder in a large bowl
- Place the chicken cubes into the large bowl and mix well, marinade for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge
- Heat the avocado oil/olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Place the flour or bread crumbs in a bowl and toss each piece of marinaded chicken in the flour, then back in the marinade and set aside
- Place breaded chicken in the skillet and cook thoroughly, flipping half way through. This could take 5-10 minutes on each side. If you have a large lid to cover the skillet, the chicken will cook faster. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F when done
This Butternut Squash and Chicken Casserole is even better than most because it’s a healthy casserole dish and a quick and easy dinner recipe idea for Fall. It includes butternut squash as well, so it’s a perfect fall themed lunch or dinner idea
These pumpkin scones with cinnamon homemade frosting are the perfect fall dessert, pumpkin dessert, or fall breakfast option with pumpkin flavor. Scones are not too sweet but the icing gives them that sweet finish you’re looking for.
This simple, four ingredient, easy apple pie recipe is delicious and will be a perfect fall or Thanksgiving dinner dessert option. This is so simple, but will be certain to impress all who eat it!
Turkey Meatballs are a healthy protein source recipe for a healthy lunch or dinner meal idea and are a very quick and easy recipe with a lot of flavor
This Rosemary Chicken Bake is a flavorful and no longer boring way to cook your chicken. This chicken dinner option is a healthy dinner recipe that includes fall vegetables as well. It can also be used as a meal prep lunch option.
Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Loaf Bread is the perfect fall dessert and this pumpkin loaf bread can be eaten as a delicious fall snack or fall dessert recipe idea
Sundried Tomato and Spinach Stuffed Chicken is a zesty and exciting way to eat chicken and it is a healthy lunch or dinner recipe idea that includes vegetables that you are sure to love
This Apple Sweet Potato Harvest Bowl is a meatless vegetarian healthy meal option and is filled with plant-based protein from the beans, many colorful veggies and fruit such as broccoli, red onions, and apples. It’s a high protein bowl option and is a healthy lunch or dinner recipe idea
Maple Pecan Mashed Sweet Potatoes are an easy and perfect fall themed food or healthy side dish recipe idea for you and your family
Gluten Free Peach Crumble is a healthy dessert alternative that is low in sugar and made with gluten free oats