Bacon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
I think my quest to love sweet potatoes has been completed....I cannot rave about this recipe enough. IT'S SO GOOD, Y'ALL!
3 large sweet potatoes
8-10 bacon strips
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
1) Wash and peel sweet potatoes
2) Dice sweet potatoes into 1-2 inch cubes
3) Boil water, place sweet potato chunks in water once boiling for about 10-15 minutes (until easily poked through with fork)
4) While sweet potatoes are boiling, cook bacon strips. This can either be done in the oven (400 degrees for 10-20 minutes, until desired doneness) or in a skillet on the stove (about 2-4 minutes on each side, or desired doneness).
5) Once bacon is fully cooked, chop bacon into bite-sized pieces.
6) Drain water from sweet potatoes. Return cooked sweet potato chunks to pot and mash with a fork until chunky.
7) Add remaining ingredients (including bacon pieces) and mix well. Continue to mash until desired texture.
- Makes about 5-6 servings or sweet potatoes!