Bacon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
I think my quest to love sweet potatoes has been completed....I cannot rave about this recipe enough. IT'S SO GOOD, Y'ALL!
Bacon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Addie Roberts | July 16th, 2018
- Prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook time: 20-35 minutes
- Total time: 30-50 minutes
Servings: 5-6 servings
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 8-10 bacon strips
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes
- Dice sweet potatoes into 1-2 inch cubes
- Boil water, place sweet potato chunks in water once boiling for about 10-15 minutes (until easily poked through with fork)
- While sweet potatoes are boiling, cook bacon strips. This can either be done in the oven (400 degrees for 10-20 minutes, until desired doneness) or in a skillet on the stove (about 2-4 minutes on each side, or desired doneness).
- Once bacon is fully cooked, chop bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- Drain water from sweet potatoes. Return cooked sweet potato chunks to pot and mash with a fork until chunky.
- Add remaining ingredients (including bacon pieces) and mix well. Continue to mash until desired texture.
This Butternut Squash and Chicken Casserole is even better than most because it’s a healthy casserole dish and a quick and easy dinner recipe idea for Fall. It includes butternut squash as well, so it’s a perfect fall themed lunch or dinner idea
These pumpkin scones with cinnamon homemade frosting are the perfect fall dessert, pumpkin dessert, or fall breakfast option with pumpkin flavor. Scones are not too sweet but the icing gives them that sweet finish you’re looking for.
This simple, four ingredient, easy apple pie recipe is delicious and will be a perfect fall or Thanksgiving dinner dessert option. This is so simple, but will be certain to impress all who eat it!
Turkey Meatballs are a healthy protein source recipe for a healthy lunch or dinner meal idea and are a very quick and easy recipe with a lot of flavor
This Rosemary Chicken Bake is a flavorful and no longer boring way to cook your chicken. This chicken dinner option is a healthy dinner recipe that includes fall vegetables as well. It can also be used as a meal prep lunch option.
Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Loaf Bread is the perfect fall dessert and this pumpkin loaf bread can be eaten as a delicious fall snack or fall dessert recipe idea
Sundried Tomato and Spinach Stuffed Chicken is a zesty and exciting way to eat chicken and it is a healthy lunch or dinner recipe idea that includes vegetables that you are sure to love
This Apple Sweet Potato Harvest Bowl is a meatless vegetarian healthy meal option and is filled with plant-based protein from the beans, many colorful veggies and fruit such as broccoli, red onions, and apples. It’s a high protein bowl option and is a healthy lunch or dinner recipe idea
Maple Pecan Mashed Sweet Potatoes are an easy and perfect fall themed food or healthy side dish recipe idea for you and your family
Gluten Free Peach Crumble is a healthy dessert alternative that is low in sugar and made with gluten free oats