Baked Veggie Side Dish
Today is EARTH DAY! And I think we could all use a plate full of veggies, right? This veggie bake side dish is so good and such as easy way to pack some veggies in your lunch. And it's a step up from just good ole baby carrots.
3 large carrots
1 head of broccoli
2 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Wash carrots and chop into 1/2 inch disks
3. Wash sweet potatoes (I did not peel mine, but you can!) and dice into 1 inch cubes
4. Wash and chop broccoli into florets
5. Place diced sweet potatoes and carrots onto a sheet pan. Season with salt + pepper + 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
6. Bake sweet potatoes and carrots for 20 minutes, stir around on the sheet pan, and bake for an additional 20 minutes until easily pierced with fork.
7. While the sweet potatoes and carrots are baking, heat up 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet on the stove. Toss broccoli florets in salt + pepper and sauté until desired consistency (I like my broccoli crunchy, so I sautéed them for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally)
8. Combine and enjoy!