Blueberry Protein Pancakes
Recipe product of, " MAN I want pancakes....what can I throw in my blender..." and I'd say they turned out pretty dang good! I made mine all Sunday night before a busy week. In the mornings I would just grab two and eat them while I read before work. I didn't even warm them up because I'm weird; they were delicious! I didn't add syrup because 1) I don't have any and 2) they're pretty dang good without the extra sugar.
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 3 eggs
- 2 scoops of collagen peptides or protein powder (not sure where to get collagen peptides? Here is a great brand!)
- 1 cup of milk of choice
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp honey
1. In a blender, blend the oats, flax seed, eggs, and collagen peptides/protein powder together to desired consistency
2. Hand mix in the milk, walnuts, blueberries, and honey
3. Pour batter onto skillet over medium heat
4. Cook for ~1-2 minutes on each side, or until firm.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake with pecans is a healthy breakfast recipe for the fall and is high in protein and fiber