My inner Texas girl coming out - with 0% shame. Also can we give two claps for crockpots?? Life. Saver.
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 - 2 pound of round roast , or brisket cut of choice
- 1 red onion, cut into half moons
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
1. Mix all spices together and mix well, you will have spice mixture leftover at the end but this ensures adequate seasoning on all sides of the meat
2. Rub the brisket with all of the spices and combine ingredients into a crock pot or instant pot
3. Cook for 7-8 hours on Low. Low setting recommended when slow cooking beef. Alternatively: cook in the instant pot for 50 (1 pound brisket) to 60 minutes (2 pound brisket), release the pressure naturally.