Herb Roasted Lamb Rack
I've never made lamb before this, but I saw an advertisement for a contest making lamb. So I thought, why the heck not!! So I bought this rack of lamb and spent a while concocting a marinade for it, baked it, and took these images before I checked the contest rules and saw I wasn't supposed to create an original recipe, but make one they gave to me.....OH well. Call me an over achiever. And now I get to share it with you all anyways!
The taste of lamb is VERY unique and I enjoyed it! Although I think I may prefer the taste of other meats instead. It was so fun to experiment with this though and I loved the marinade!
1 rack of lamb
3 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
2 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
3-4 inch rosemary spring
1.4 cup chopped chives
1. Mix all ingredients except lamb together in small bowl.
2. Place the rack of lamb in an oven safe container with side so juices do not spill over
3. Rub marinade into the rack of lamb and let sit for 30-45 minutes
4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
5. Bake lamb for 15 minutes
6. Take lamb out of oven, carefully flip rack of lamb over and place back in the oven for 15 more minutes
7. After done cooking, let sit for 10 minutes before cutting