Homemade Turkey Chili
Need easy? Look no further. Literally a dump-everything-in-a-pot recipe. I mean come on, it doesn't get much better than this.
Homemade Turkey and Bean Chili
Addie Roberts | July 16th, 2018
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 45-60 minutes
- Total time: 55-70 minutes
Servings: 5-6 servings
- 1 lb ground turkey (or 1 package)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cups of beef stock (or chicken stock if using turkey)
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- Brown the ground beef with the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper (not the garlic, garlic burns easily) in the bottom of a large pot on the stove until fully cooked. Once cooked, transfer the ground beef to a bowl to add back in later, keeping the grease in the pot.
- Add the diced onion into the pot over medium heat and stir for about 4-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add all remaining ingredients (including the ground beef) into the large pot, mixing together well.
- Cover pot and simmer over medium heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour
This Butternut Squash and Chicken Casserole is even better than most because it’s a healthy casserole dish and a quick and easy dinner recipe idea for Fall. It includes butternut squash as well, so it’s a perfect fall themed lunch or dinner idea
These pumpkin scones with cinnamon homemade frosting are the perfect fall dessert, pumpkin dessert, or fall breakfast option with pumpkin flavor. Scones are not too sweet but the icing gives them that sweet finish you’re looking for.
This simple, four ingredient, easy apple pie recipe is delicious and will be a perfect fall or Thanksgiving dinner dessert option. This is so simple, but will be certain to impress all who eat it!
Turkey Meatballs are a healthy protein source recipe for a healthy lunch or dinner meal idea and are a very quick and easy recipe with a lot of flavor
This Rosemary Chicken Bake is a flavorful and no longer boring way to cook your chicken. This chicken dinner option is a healthy dinner recipe that includes fall vegetables as well. It can also be used as a meal prep lunch option.
Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Loaf Bread is the perfect fall dessert and this pumpkin loaf bread can be eaten as a delicious fall snack or fall dessert recipe idea
Sundried Tomato and Spinach Stuffed Chicken is a zesty and exciting way to eat chicken and it is a healthy lunch or dinner recipe idea that includes vegetables that you are sure to love
This Apple Sweet Potato Harvest Bowl is a meatless vegetarian healthy meal option and is filled with plant-based protein from the beans, many colorful veggies and fruit such as broccoli, red onions, and apples. It’s a high protein bowl option and is a healthy lunch or dinner recipe idea
Maple Pecan Mashed Sweet Potatoes are an easy and perfect fall themed food or healthy side dish recipe idea for you and your family
Gluten Free Peach Crumble is a healthy dessert alternative that is low in sugar and made with gluten free oats