Need easy? Look no further. Literally a dump-everything-in-a-pot recipe. I mean come on, it doesn't get much better than this.
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey (or 1 package)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cups of beef stock (or chicken stock if using turkey)
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper
1. Brown the ground beef with the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper (not the garlic, garlic burns easily) in the bottom of a large pot on the stove until fully cooked. Once cooked, transfer the ground beef to a bowl to add back in later, keeping the grease in the pot.
2. Add the diced onion into the pot over medium heat and stir for about 4-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
3. Add all remaining ingredients (including the ground beef) into the large pot, mixing together well.
4. Cover pot and simmer over medium heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour