Potato Egg Cups
I'm always in search of new breakfast ideas, because breakfast is 1) the most important meal of the day and 2) my FAV meal of the day. I love eggs in the morning, but often times do not have enough time to prepare them. So, I went exploring a way to see if the eggs could be pre-cooked...thus was born the potato egg cups. I microwaved mine for about 45 seconds each morning and boom, breakfast time.
1 cup mashed potatoes OR hash browns
3-4 green onions
Salt + pepper
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. If applicable, make mashed potatoes -- Boil a pot of water on the stove, wash & peel potatoes, chop potatoes into 1-2" cubes, boil in water for ~10 minutes (until easily pierced by fork), drain water once finished, and mash with a fork until smooth! Season mashed potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Line baking tins with mashed potatoes or hash browns
4. Whip eggs together with remaining ingredients and place in the center of the mashed potato cups
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Makes 8 potato cups!
This saucy and spicy tex mex shredded chicken is the perfect instant pot shredded chicken healthy recipe! No more boring chicken
Hatch Chile Pinto Beans are a healthy, plant-based side dish or addition to a meal
Healthy Egg McMuffin with vegetables in the egg mixture for a healthy breakfast recipe idea
Tossed Texas Salad full of greens, veggies, and protein with chicken and black beans with a southwestern Texas style. This salad is filling and is a perfect lunch or dinner recipe idea
Honey Chicken Salad is a mayonnaise-free chicken salad recipe that can be put over a sandwich or by itself of a healthy lunch recipe idea
Baked lemon donuts with refreshing lemon icing
Low-sugar syrup alternative to top pancakes and waffles. This blueberry compote is the perfect way to incorporate high fiber and antioxidant rich fruit as well
Oven baked french fries as a healthy alternative to deep fried french fries. Pairs perfectly with any lunch or dinner recipe
Easy One Pan Vegetable Oven Bake for a healthy side dish for lunch or dinner
Homemade Oreo Cookies without high-fructose corn syrup and additives. Healthy alternative to a household loved packaged oreos