Shredded Chicken Salad
The best thing about this shredded chicken salad recipe is that it is so versatile! It can be eaten by itself for lunch, as a snack, or combined inside of other recipes for dinner. I am having this chicken salad over nachos this week and I am LOVING it. It can be as simple or as creative as you’d like, yall.
3 chicken breast
1/3 cup of diced sweet onion
1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
1 whole avocado, diced
The juice of 1/2 of a lime
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1) Bring a large pot of water to a roaring boil
2) Once boiling, place the 3 chicken breast int he pot and return to boil. Boil for 12-15 minutes, until they reach the internal temperature of 165 degrees.
3) Remove chicken from water and shred with two forks
4) Add the lime juice, cilantro, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the shredded chicken and and stir well.
5) Toss in the onion and avocado
5) Serve by itself, over nachos, inside enchiladas, or in a salad