Shredded Chicken Salad
The best thing about this shredded chicken salad recipe is that it is so versatile! It can be eaten by itself for lunch, as a snack, or combined inside of other recipes for dinner. I am having this chicken salad over nachos this week and I am LOVING it. It can be as simple or as creative as you’d like, yall.
Shredded Chicken Salad
Addie Roberts | February 11th, 2019
- Prep time: 5 minutes minutes
- Cook time: 15-18 minutes
- Total time: 20-23 minutes
Servings: 4-5 servings
- 3 chicken breast
- 1/3 cup of diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 whole avocado, diced
- The juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a roaring boil
- Once boiling, place the 3 chicken breast int he pot and return to boil. Boil for 12-15 minutes, until they reach the internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from water and shred with two forks 4 Add the lime juice, cilantro, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the shredded chicken and and stir well.
- Toss in the onion and avocado
- Serve by itself, over nachos, inside enchiladas, or in a salad
This Apple Sweet Potato Harvest Bowl is filled with plant-based protein from the beans, many colorful veggies and fruit such as broccoli, red onions, and apples. It's packed with nutrients and topped with goat cheese for added protein and flavor.
Maple Pecan Mashed Sweet Potatoes are an easy and perfect fall themed food or healthy side dish recipe idea for you and your family
Gluten Free Peach Crumble is a healthy dessert alternative that is low in sugar and made with gluten free oats
Kale Superfoods Salad is a salad that is NOT boring - it contains several superfoods including avocado, kale, pomegranate, walnuts, and more. This recipe is a healthy lunch or dinner idea
Healthy alternative Homemade Snickers are a perfect healthy dessert alternative recipe
This saucy and spicy tex mex shredded chicken is the perfect instant pot shredded chicken healthy recipe! No more boring chicken
Hatch Chile Pinto Beans are a healthy, plant-based side dish or addition to a meal
Healthy Egg McMuffin with vegetables in the egg mixture for a healthy breakfast recipe idea
Tossed Texas Salad full of greens, veggies, and protein with chicken and black beans with a southwestern Texas style. This salad is filling and is a perfect lunch or dinner recipe idea
Honey Chicken Salad is a mayonnaise-free chicken salad recipe that can be put over a sandwich or by itself of a healthy lunch recipe idea