Potato Egg Cups
I'm always in search of new breakfast ideas, because breakfast is 1) the most important meal of the day and 2) my FAV meal of the day. I love eggs in the morning, but often times do not have enough time to prepare them. So, I went exploring a way to see if the eggs could be pre-cooked...thus was born the potato egg cups. I microwaved mine for about 45 seconds each morning and boom, breakfast time.
1 cup mashed potatoes OR hash browns
Salt + pepper
Cheese (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. If applicable, make mashed potatoes -- Boil a pot of water on the stove, wash & peel potatoes, chop potatoes into 1-2" cubes, boil in water for ~10 minutes (until easily pierced by fork), drain water once finished, and mash with a fork until smooth! Season mashed potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Line baking tins with mashed potatoes or hash browns
4. Whip eggs together with remaining ingredients and place in the center of the mashed potato cups
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Makes 8 potato cups!