Chicken & Potato Enchiladas
10/10 will always choose enchiladas over other foods. Always. I crave them at least twice a week and honestly the week where I meal-prepped these bad boys was one of my happiest. They were SO good. It seems like there is a lot of pre-prep before you actually bake the enchiladas, and there is. But it's really just throwing the chicken and potatoes in early! It's 100% worth it and very hard to mess up this recipe, I promise.
- Corn tortillas
- 1 jar of Trader Joe's Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 potatoes, diced and boiled
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup cheddar or Monterey cheese, if desired
- Avocado for garnish
1. Boil water in pot. Diced potatoes into 1 inch cubes, add to water and boil until soft, ~10-12 minutes.
2. Bake chicken breast in oven for 25 minutes as 400 degrees. Shred chicken once fully cooked.
3. In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, boiled potatoes, chopped onion, chopped jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, and 1/3 jar of enchilada sauce. Mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon mix into corn tortilla, roll closed, place in pyrex pan for baking.
5. Once pan is full, top enchilada with remaining enchilada sauce. Add cheese if desired.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Garnish with avocado and cilantro and enjoy!