When I was on the FODMAP diet (trial basis for my stomach pain) for a while, I was in search of vegetables that I can actually consume without hurting my stomach!!
Eggplant was on the list and I decided to get creative. I have probably over-spiced all of my food this week, but I'm loving it. These eggplant fries are zesty and amazing. I just wish they were a bit crunchier!
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut eggplant into small fry sizes
3. Coat eggplant fries with olive oil and place on a baking sheet
4. Sprinkle all spices evenly over eggplant
5. Bake for 15 minutes
6. Stir eggplant on pan to allow for even cooking. Bake for another 10 minutes
7. Broil eggplant for additional 5-7 minutes until crispy