Grapefruit Grilled Salmon
Well, today was my first time using the grill at my apartment and I would have to call this one a huge success.
I bought a lot (okay, way too many) grapefruits at the store this week, along with some wild caught salmon. And for some reason, I decided the combine the two. And I am glad I did. I only wish I had thought to add grated ginger! If you are going to make this, I highly recommend that addition.
Salt & Pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Season salmon fillets with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. (And ginger if you have any)
2. Slice grapefruit in thin slices
3. Warm grill to appropriate temperature
4. Place salmon skin-up on grill and cook for about 5 minutes
5. Place grapefruit slices on the grill once the 5 minutes are up and flip the salmon over to the other side. Let cook for additional 5-7 minutes
6. Remove from grill once heated to proper temperature (145 degrees F) and top with grilled grapefruit slices.