Raw Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches with Raspberry Chia Jam
I did some Food as Medicine research during my time at American Botanical Council and chose dates as my food product. Along with my research I had to prepare a recipe using the food product and I chose to make date oatmeal sandwich cookies, inspired by Gina! You will need a food processor for this (boo, I know). But it was very very easy and very very delicious.
Ingredients for Cookies:
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for Jam:
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp local honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. For jam, blend all ingredients together. Place mixture in fridge for 20 minutes for thicken.
2. In food processor, combine all cookie ingredients and mix until a ball of dough forms
3. Place ball of dough in refrigerator for 20 minutes to harden.
4. Roll dough into flat sheet between two pieces of parchment paper. Thickness: 1/4 inch.
5. Using a shot glass, cut small circle cookies out of the dough. Place circles on parchment paper.
6. Spoon raspberry chia jam onto cookie and top with another cookie.
7. Store in refrigerator for best results.